My First UFO Event, on May 16/17, 1976

Write-up by Guido Moosbrugger in June 1976
in Zeugenbuch (Schmidrüti, Switzerland: 2001), pp. 73-76
as translated by J. W. Deardorff, June 2011

In mid-May this year I drove to Hinwil (Zürich Uplands) over the weekend with the purpose to examine the credibility of the UFO contactee Edi Meier (Billy) and learn the details of his activities. He had invited me to a visit and I was thankful for that, for with his help I would be able to learn about what I had already long wondered.

On Sunday, May 16, 1976 I spent the evening in the living quarters of Billy's family. Later that evening, Mr. Konrad Schutzbach joined us. Just 5 minutes past 10 p.m. Mr. Meier called out to me: "Between 12:30 and 1:00!" "What then?" I wanted to know. He answered only with an idle wave of the outstreched hand, which made several wavelike movements through the air, while he continued watching the television program as if nothing at all had happened.

For those who are not familiar with this behavior, I must add that Mr. Meier always receives a telepathic communication before he is ordered by Semjase, the spaceship pilot, to proceed to a contact with her.

One hour earlier than expected, namely at 11:30 p.m., Mr. Meier jumped high out of his chair as suddenly as a tarantula and dashed outside. Inquisitively we followed behind. Outside, Mrs. Meier pointed to the direction my eyes should look. In the next moment I also detected a glittering point of light, which traveled with the speed of a satellite across the sky. Mrs. Meier let me use her fieldglasses, which allowed me to distinguish, quite clearly, a blinking red light on the flying object, until it disappeared behind a forested knoll. Mrs. Meier and I immediately sought a somewhat higher observation point in the hope of regaining a view of the sighted object. Instead, breathing heavily, Mr. Schutzbach rushed up to us and summoned us to quickly come with him; there was going to be a contact. With quick steps we were soon in the house again, and as we entered the living room there was Mr. Meier just starting to put on some proper clothing. Mr. Schutzbach helped him buckle the belt of his jeans [it is not easy to get dressed quickly with only one arm], and I picked up the security pistol, which lay on the table, and stuck it in his belt holster. In a great hurry we put on our warm overcoats, in order to be prepared for the nighttime excursion, for it was noticeably cold for this time of year.

Mrs. Meier remained in the house with the children, Mr. Meier started up his Mo-Ped nearby, and we pondered over which auto we should take. Soon Mr. Meier clattered off on his vehicle and we followed him in my car. Mr. Schutzbach in the passenger seat gave me directions as necessary so that we would not lose visual contact with Mr. Meier, for we had no idea where we had to go. At first we curved back and forth through the town in order to shake off any pursuers, as Mr. Schutzbach affirmed. By various roundabout ways we reached the destination spot -- Dürstelen. On the way we must certainly have stopped twice, a short distance back, because we evidently had taken a wrong direction. Here and there we drove cross-country. About a half hour after midnight our leader suddenly stopped in the middle of a country lane. Mr. Meier explained the situation to us as follows.

For various reasons that became known to me in the meantime, the contact-place location must be changed each time, so that in most cases Mr. Meier does not know where he must proceed to on any given occasion. Along with this, the pilot of the beamship gives us a remote "customs-duty" check-out, so to speak, with the aid of his computer. If Meier is traveling alone, then he will be directed to the landing place of the beamship [or the place from which he will be beamed up to it]. This space ship makes use of its capability of being completely silent and invisible at any given point on earth, during landing or taking off, e.g., and by day as well as by night. Understandably the pilot upholds standards of protection, in order to prevent unauthorized admittance to the space-travel equipment or related activities, whereby only in extreme necessity will use be made of the available defensive weapons. The personal conversation between Mr. Meier and the pilot Semjase mostly takes place in the interior of the space ship, but in warmer weather also outside. The communications take place in the German language. The whole conversation is automatically recorded. At a later time Mr. Meier receives the word-for-word transmission in a telepathic way, and, to be sure, at a moderate tempo, so that he can write down the transcription with a typewriter. [Later, Moosbrugger learned much more about how Meier receives the telepathic transmission: while in a partial trance that allows him to type very rapidly with his one hand.]

When Mr. Meier has one or more persons accompanying him or following him, as was the case here, then the command computer will interrupt the guiding process close to the contact location. The pilot then mentally examines the persons [remotely from the spaceship] to determine if the persons present appear to be trustworthy or not. In case this test turns out negative, the plan will immediately be changed or the planned contact aborted. In our case this waiting period lasted unusually long -- around 20 minutes -- until the activity resumed.

The reason for this delay, which we learned subsequently, was: The pilot suddenly received notice of something urgent to carry out -- over the North Sea, to be sure -- just at the point when the command computer was prepared to start its activity of checking-us-out. After the North Sea diversion, Mr. Schutzbach and I were examined through the computer's thought-analyzer [which happens without one's being aware of it].

During this time we stood on the forementioned country lane, pacing a little back and forth while eagerly and thoroughly searching the firmament in all directions. It presented an excellent sight in the clear, starry night. So a point-size flying object could not escape our attention, moving in a straight line just over the horizon. It blinked steadily in short intervals. At first I thought it was an airplane, however Mr. Schutzbach, being a private pilot, knew a better answer. He knew that the frequency of the flashes was very unusual. Mr. Meier [who was still with the other two] said that there was a way to determine whether the object was an airplane or something else. Said, done; after a few seconds the blinking of the light suddenly stopped and only a trace more of the flying object could be seen. I was so dumbfounded that I did not rightly know what to say.

Mr. Meier's subsequent explanation: "I simply issued the command to the flying object to stop blinking -- with an airplane the experiment would not have been successful." According to Semjase [later], this bit of pleasantry should not have excited us, as it merely involved one of their unmanned telemeter disks, which is used for reconnaissance purposes. Were the blinking to cease, its navigation would temporarily deviate, and on this account it would need to be brought under control again at a Pleiadian station.

Around 00:45 hours Mr. Meier finally again received a telepathic communication from Semjase the ufonaut. He told us we should wait here for his return, and to keep a sharp eye on the northern sky. Then he went forth alone on to the contact point.

After his return he told us he had traveled about 5 minutes to a forest clearing, where Semjase waited for him in the spaceship.

When Mr. Meier had departed from us, I wondered, silently, what would happen if I had run after him as he rode towards the contact location, which I would happily have done.

Interestingly, Semjase must have intercepted these thoughts of mine, otherwise she could not have said to Mr. Meier in the Contact Report [In her sentence #4 below, from Contact #52 of 17 May, 1976 at 00:47 hours, as translated within Wendelle Stevens, Message from the Pleiades, vol. 2]:

Meier-- It is much more comfortable here inside.

Semjase-- l/Surely. 2/You have brought two persons with you, hitherto unknown to me. 3/I had to take over the control of the ship again myself, just as I was over the North Sea, where I had something to do.

Meier-- Oh, were you occupied again with something special? Good. Yes, I have brought Mr. Schutzbach and Mr. Moosbrugger with me, Mr. Schutzbach lives near Hegnau, and Mr. Moosbrugger lives in the "Walsertal" in Austria. They both are amiable and good human beings,

Semjase-- 4/I have examined their sincerity; their interest is sincere, only Mr. Moosbrugger thought for a moment that he would follow you. 5/But this does not matter, as this was only his eagerness and his loyal interest.

Meier-- I greet you from both, as well as from Mr. R. Sch. from Biell. …
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mr. Schutzbach and I now waited patiently outside and maintained our watchfulness. After about a half hour it gradually became too uncomfortable, and we moved our observation point to the inside of the auto.

All of a sudden a fiery red disk appeared briefly to the north over a forest cutting; it hovered in the air, then moved like a pendulum back and forth a little, and then suddenly disappeared. Its distance from us was around 3 kilometers, which we were able to reaffirm the next day from a map.

Soon thereafter a snow-white, more spherical shaped structure emerged from the same spot, and moved horizontally in a circular path. During this maneuver the sphere seemed to triplicate itself, for we saw another sphere, as in a mirror image, appear below the lower half and still another below the right half. Finally we saw yet a fourth, somewhat smaller sphere, which was released like a drop from the central sphere, yet did not fall all the way to the ground.

After a short pause, a shiny reflective disk beamed anew from the same spot in the sky. It apparently came directly toward us, for it became larger and brighter -- however, after a short time it diminished back to its initial size and disappeared from the scene without a trace. With that the "lumiére dans la nuit" spectacle finally ended.

For this demonstration it was necessary for us to give thanks to Semjase as well as Mr. Meier, who requested it [during his contact conversation with Semjase]. Mr. Meier himself had not seen any of it because at this point in time he was on his way back to us on his Mo-Ped.

Soon we became aware of the clatter of a Mo-Ped and Mr. Meier again joined us. After a cigarette pause, we drove homeward -- directly and without detours [carrying the Mo-Ped with us in the car]. I very much enjoyed watching the driving skill of our one-armed pilot [Meier] around the curves. Around half-past three in the morning we returned to the Meiers' living room. For me this was a most impressive event, which I will never forget.

Regarding the credibility of this story, I could relate still further things. ... My witness, Konrad Schutzbach, can confirm that my account is written truthfully to the best of our knowledge.

Naturally I cannot resent anyone who can or will not, on the usual grounds, accept this story as reality. As far as I'm concerned, however, I allow myself to be regarded as a spinner of fantasies, but in no case as a liar or deceiver.